Wednesday 11 July 2012

Biddle Sawyer Silk Competition

Biddle Sawyer Silk, a fabric store from London came to DeMontfort University to set a live competition to re-brand and design four new canvas tote bags to give to their customers. 

Their requirement was to design a bag to attract new and younger customers. 

After research into the company, my concept was based around their store window. Biddle Sawyer Silk use their store window to showcase student work they feel is exceptional and innovative. With this knowledge I created various repeat pattern's using sketches of various window designs, introducing the colour palette I created to make the bags vibrant and stand out. I also re-coloured the logo to fit in with the bag designs.

Design Page One

Design Page Two

I proudly gained a 2:1 for this project and was extremely pleased with my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment