Tuesday 24 July 2012

Pamella Mann Project

Pamella Mann supply a growing number of high street stores with their exciting and vibrant tight designs. 

The founders of Pamella Mann came to DeMontfort to set a live week long project and assigned us into teams whom they each gave a different task. 

My teams task was to create a concept for their Clothes Show Live exhibition stand. They wanted us to concentrate on creative ways to showcase their tight designs and explore how they could get rid of past season stock easily. 

Research into competitors and inspirational store designs started off our design development. 


After had a team meeting I created a quick moodboard of the concept ideas: 


- Gift Bags - containing promotional products
- Photo frames with fabric swatches instead of pictures - showcasing the tight designs
- 2 for 1 offers
- Online shopping discount when signing up to their mailing list
- Fish Bowl Concept - Lucky dip idea
- Patchwork - use tight designs to product patchwork furniture
- An old white desk - adapted to have model legs wearing tights.

My personal task was to create a board to show the concept of the photo frames. These would be mounted on the wall around the stand, showing each of the designs available.

This was a second year project and I feel this was a starting point for my passion for store concept design and visual merchandising!

I really enjoyed this project and although it was a very quick turn around project, therefore, I wasn't able to spend a great amount of time on it. I feel like it shows my creative skills and the concepts I could create. Since this I have developed these skills dramatically and hope I will soon be able to apply them within my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment