Thursday 12 July 2012

My Degree Show

The opportunity to take part in the degree show was a big part of my decision to go to DeMontfort University and study Retail Buying. On the open day they explained what we would be expected to do and through seeing previous years degree shows I knew I wanted this to be my end goal! 

That goal being to produce an exciting, well thought out and carefully executed Degree Show stand. 

I love when things all come together and to see all my hard work presented how I have designed was a great moment for me!

My Degree Show Stand!
Our task was to showcase our work, whichever way we chose was suitable for the retailer and collection! I sourced the chair, table, shelf and photo frames and painted them white so they all matched to the aesthetics I wanted. 


As soon as I began designing the range I knew what I wanted for my degree show, pretty and subtle but still exciting and vibrant.


Photo wall featuring photo shoot images

All the clothing had the exclusive hangers and labelling I designed

Flowers which compliment the colour palette


Preview Evening I made cupcakes!!



The cakes were decorated with cupcake toppers which I had printed with the heart featured in the logo, adding a personalised touch!

Business cards, sweets and postcards were available and Lookbook's were on display for people to browse through! As well as a comments book I had printed so those who liked my stand could write a personal comment!

Printed canvas bag and Heart frame!

I loved putting my degree show together, creating the display and developing ideas of how to showcase the clothes and creating the whole package!

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment